As the end of the year approaches, the “million-selling boy group” SEVENTEEN becomes more and more active, with a schedule that seems to be packed with an Asia tour – Theo dõi and award ceremonies. Therefore, the group's discussion on platforms also increased rapidly, especially after the success of their 11th mini album. Seventeenth Heaven. Recently, a behind-the-scenes moment of SEVENTEEN nearly 3 years ago suddenly went viral again on Korean social networks, leading to many stirring reactions.
SEVENTEEN is increasingly successful with new career milestones
Specifically, backstage on stage Anyone of SEVENTEEN from 2021, there is a video recording a segment of Hip-hop team members including Mingyu, Wonwoo, Vernon and leader S.Coups interacting with fans. Worth mentioning, Mingyu and Wonwoo's hand movements are easy to misunderstand because this is a sensitive way of referring that can easily make a part of Korean men feel offended.
A video from 2021 of SEVENTEEN is going viral again on Korean social networks
In fact, this is just a tease that the SEVENTEEN members gave Mingyu, without too much meaning. However, with the strictness of the Korean public, issues related to gender discrimination can easily become sensitive. Many girl groups have been criticized for just a few unintentional gestures.
Hip-hop team members tease each other
Hand movements can easily cause misunderstandings with some Korean men
However, with SEVENTEEN, the reaction was completely opposite. Not only did it not cause controversy, the group also created a very lively discussion topic and received agreement. The moment 3 years ago suddenly went viral on social media, many people felt extremely excited. Knet believes that this is the difference with “successful and popular men”. It's just an interactive action, only people with low self-esteem and self-esteem will feel offended.
Knet believes that this is the difference with “successful and popular men”, only people with inferiority complex feel offended.
– The boy group's video suddenly received a huge number of retweets on Twitter. The alpha male's comfort in receiving affection and not needing to feel offended.
– Vernon's eyes are so funny.
– SEVENTEEN is so funny. 80% of articles about SEVENTEEN make me unable to stop laughing.
– When a man is successful, he doesn't have to feel offended by just a hand gesture.
– Handsome guys living godly lives are still different from losers.
– Real man certification
– Young & rich men
– SEVENTEEN doesn't think much when making gestures like that
– Are you planning on harming a group with a spoon and laughing? It's no good, the entertainment god has saved you.
– When you go out on the street and meet a group of handsome people who often do tricks, they are definitely SEVENTEEN, their antics are funny and fun, there's nothing to be sensitive about.
– But SEVENTEEN is also very observant about gender issues. Most of the songs composed by the group do not talk about specific genders, but use words that can be used in general, so boys and girls can sing along.
– But 17 year olds have a lot of fanboys. I went to a concert and sat next to a fanboy twice. During Jeonghan's live, he was playing games so hard that he accidentally turned around and apologized, while the fanboy commented like “sorry.” What's wrong with you, you're so cool, my hyung''.
– Actually, when this video first came out, there was a bit of controversy from the guys, but they were so defended that they kept quiet. SEVENTEEN is a group that held a concert on Pride Month so they changed their color to a rainbow sea.
👇 Dont forget to get KpopHit – Kpop News app 👇