Source: JTBC via Naver + Naver
1. [+173, -13] I can’t imagine how badly everything must’ve went down for the director to refuse to claim the drama as theirs. I’m really disappointed in how Coupang is playing this. They don’t have the basics of what an OTT platform requires.
2. [+69, -4] Coupang “had a direction they wanted to take the edits” that wasn’t a part of the previously agreed upon scenario? Since when did an OTT company even concern themselves with what should be left to professional directors and editors? So are all of the staff members of this company drama directors too? Quite the amazing company Coupang has here.
3. [+67, -2] Honestly, a lot of the drama did feel like parts were deleted out. I’m curious to see what the director’s original vision was… There is no way that a drama that the director who produced it claims is broken can ever be loved by viewers in good faith again. This is a big mistake by Coupang. If you hired someone for the job, you have to give them the respect to complete it on their terms. Not sure why anyone would want to work with Coupang again in the future.
4. [+17, -0] No wonder so many of the scenes felt like it was happening all at once towards the second half. It didn’t feel natural. Please just release the director’s original 8 episodes.
5. [+13, -0] The audacity of Coupang to claim that the drama received praise thanks to their editing of it… hul
6. [+12, -2] For Coupang to touch another director’s work unauthorized like this is akin to an Uber Eats rider messing with a food delivery order. What is the difference between a 12 piece chicken order missing two wings because the rider ate it and an 8 episode drama missing 2 episodes because the platform deleted it?
7. [+8, -1] I support Lee Joo Young director. I’d feel so upset if something I produced, something that I felt like a child I was putting out into the world, was destroyed like this.
8. [+4, -0] Logically, this whole situation doesn’t make sense to me. On Coupang’s end, wouldn’t it make sense to have longer running dramas so they can sell more ads and continue to draw in a bigger audience? Why would you cut out 2 episodes? Which then begs the question, just how bad was the original that Coupang felt the need to edit it down…
9. [+2, -0] I still don’t understand why a video platform is editing dramas at all when their only job is to distribute content?
10. [+1, -0] Surely this isn’t all just a big marketing tactic to drum up hype for a director’s cut version? Sorry but I’ve been seeing so many conspiracies lately ㅠㅠ either way, I do want to see the director’s version some day
🏵💮🌼 Kpop Hit – share the Kpop vibes 🌼💮🏵
(ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ ♥ Prove yourself a TRUE BLINK with this BLACKPINK game 📳 📳 📳
📱 For iPhone / iPAD: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/blink-fandom-game/id1593142136